Monday, November 1, 2010

Mascot Battle: World Series Edition

It has been well documented that I chose who I root for in all sports teams by who has the best mascot. I base my entire basketball bracket on the awesomeness of a mascot. 

So let's take a minute to analyze the San Francisco Giants vs the Texas Rangers to see if the best team (and mascot) won:

Luigi Francisco Seal 

This guy, born July of 1996, gives great interviews and has his own twitter account.  Plus, who doesn't love seals?
Isn't he cute? Thanks, Google Images!

VS.

Rangers Captain


He is a horse, dressed in a Rangers costume.

Kinda lame-o. Thanks again, Google Images!

Here are some fun facts about him (thanks to MLB.com):

Height: 6'6"
Weight: 300
Bats: Both
Throws: Smoke
Resides: In The Ballpark's tunnel right behind home plate
Favorites: Foods: Hot Dogs, Peanuts, Nachos, BBQ, and Chili
TV Show: Rangers Highlights
Songs: Take Me Out To The Ballgame and Cotton Eyed Joe
Colors: Red, White, & Blue
Vacation Spot: Surprise, Arizona

Sorry to all you Rangers fans, but a seal beats a horse in my book any day.

Clearly, the best mascot won the World Series. Congrats to Lou Seal!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, well I have to go with the seal, each and every time I will choose the seal. Why? Seals are cute and awesome. Although the horse DOES enjoy hot dogs and nachos, so he has great taste in food. And forget the actual players -- you KNOW the seal is what brought them the win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND he goes by Lou Seal...I mean is there a better mascot name out there? I think not! Clearly the best team and mascot won :)

    ReplyDelete