Tuesday, August 31, 2010

C is for Cookie

Recently, RecipeZaar.com was rebranded to Food.com.  I only know this because I got a free brownie and a booklet with several "5-star" recipes to commemorate the rebranding.  It was a big to-do when Sister found out that RecipeZaar was no more because she used RecipeZaar ALL the time. No joke, I got some pretty angry text messages from her about what happened to RecipeZaar, and I had to explain that it was the same site, just a different name!

Photobucket

Anywho, I thought this past weekend would be the perfect time to try out a 5-star recipe since we were having company this weekend.  There would be 3 big, strapping men in the house and what do men like better than freshly baked chocolate chip cookies? Well probably lots of things, but they do enjoy chocolate chip cookies.  The 5-star recipe for these soft chocolate chip cookies can be found on Food.com :

I prefer a combo of Semi-Sweet and Milk Choco Ghirardelli chips.
Flour & Baking Soda Mixture
Sugar sugar sugar sugar!!
This was the first time in my house (just over 2 years) that I had made chocolate chip cookies from scratch.  It was also the first time EVER I made chocolate chip cookies by hand, with nothing more than a bowl and a wooden spoon.
Just call me Suzy Homemaker
Raw cookie dough
Freshly Baked!


The only difference I made in the recipe was in the size of the cookie. The suggested cookie size just seemed way too small for 3 grown men and a girl with an incredible sweet tooth, so I made them about 4 times that size.




I think the cookies turned out great and they were a big hit. They were nearly gone by the end of the weekend (as of Monday night, we only had 2 remaining).  The guys were especially impressed that these were from scratch, as in, there were more steps than "break cookies apart, place on baking sheet, bake for 10-12 minutes."
Yummy Yummy!
Disclaimer: I should probably note that I was not paid to advertise these delish cookies OR Food.com. This is based on my opinion, and my opinion alone. I'm just sayin'.

6 comments:

  1. YUMMY! I love how the last photo you and Mickey are matching expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look yummy!! I'm going to try out that recipe and website.

    I LOVE your apron too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did that without a mixer??? i'm impressed! They look sooo yummy...wish I had a homemade cookie right now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha!!! I love your pic with the "suggested size" and "Sarah size" cookies! I am so with you on that! I always make mine as big as possible! I have two Oxo cookie scoops that I love to use, one big, one small. Makes cookie-making so much easier! Hmmm.....now I want CC cookies! Do you deliver?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to eat these cookies right now. Although, I don't deserve them because I'm a huge jerk.

    My ugly mug is back. Please forgive me:\

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made chocolate chip cookes last week. They were tasty but I used a mixer. I like your apron!

    ReplyDelete