Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fun with Photo Apps

This past spring, my harddrive tragically crashed when my woolly mammoth of a cat, Willie, jumped on my laptop.  Along with about half a year's worth of photos, I also lost the copy of Photoshop I had on my laptop and have not been able to find the backup CD. Major sads over here.  So I've been trying to find a good (but cheap) replacement for touching up photos. Last night I turned to my iPad to try to find something Photoshop-esque without breaking the bank. 

I found an app called "Color Splash" for $1.99 (Not to be confused with the David Bromstad show on HGTV).  This app automagically turns your photos black&white, then you paint color back on the photo with your finger.  It is insanely addictive. I have a limited number of photos on my iPad right now, but every food photo I had I ran through the Color Splash app. There is something therapeutic about adding color back into photos. 


I also downloaded an app called "FX Photo Studio HD" that cost $2.99. With this app, you can add all kinds of crazy effects (at least 128 different ones) like turning your pictures into mosaics, adding water droplets, frost, or...
SPARKLES!!!






This app also has a "Vivid Colors" function that turned Kimmie's little tongue bright pink.

The Original Kimmie (Top) and Vivid Colors Kimmie (Bottom)

Anybody know of any other good (cheap) photo editing softwares? What are your favorite iPad/iPhone apps?

1 comment:

  1. OHhhh, I love the black and white with a little color ones! You have lots of pictures of that little lady bathing herself ;) She must be so fresh, so clean!

    ReplyDelete