Monday, August 23, 2010

Cheese Coney Guy + Mr. Redlegs = Best Dinner EVER

Last night, my parents, the Goog and I decided to meet at the The Taylor Mill Skyline for dinner. Little did we know, we were about to have the best dinner ever.  We walk into the restaurant and see this sign:

We are about to have dinner with a CELEBRITY!
It wasn't quite 6 PM yet, so Mr. Redlegs was not there, but there WAS a guy dressed as a cheese coney taking orders.  His costume reminded me of the Justin Timberlake Omeletville sketch except he never broke into song-and-dance.
Bring it on into Coneyville
Finally, Mr. Redlegs comes out and all the little children (me included) started going wild. I get my cell phone camera out and get photo-happy. As soon as he walked out, I lost all interest in my food, because I was just too busy taking pictures of the guy!!

 ZOMG! It's MR. REDLEGS!!!!
 He walks all around the restaurant, watches some of the Reds game on TV, munches on some oyster crackers, gives kids exploding fist bumps, signs autographs, acts like he is taking orders, and sits with people while they are eating.  When he comes over to our table, he poses for me while I take his picture, then goes over to the ice cream freezer right next to our booth and practically lays down on it because he really wants a ChocoTaco. 

It was great! It was like being at a Character Breakfast at Disney World, except our whole bill for 4 people was about the price of a breakfast buffet for 1 person at Disney. 


Do you love mascots? Have you ever had dinner with a mascot? Do you like Mr. Redleg's stylish mustache?

4 comments:

  1. I think if I were about 10 and Mr. RedLegs walked over to my table, I would need therapy till I was at least 17. That face is creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you get so lucky to see so many amazing things in your life...MC Hammer and now Mr. Redlegs. AND a person dressed up like a coney? I love his stylist mustache, his exploding fist bops, his love of Choco Tacos and everything else about him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I'm glad you enjoyed it, because I would have been kinda uncomfortable with the whole thing. Aside from Disney characters, most mascots kinda freak me out a little. ;)

    and what is a Choco Taco? it sounds like something I'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and Hubs would be totally jealous of the 'stache on Mr. Redlegs. He keeps threatening to grow it out like that. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete