Monday, July 19, 2010

Ode to Sister

Today is Sister's 30th birthday. I'm really sad that I don't get to celebrate with her today, but we had a great birthday celebration for her a month ago on our Disney Cruise! Here is my ode to Sister, to thank her for 27 1/2 years of memories and

For loving me unconditionally from the very beginning...

...sometimes loving me just a little too much.

For being my lifelong playmate.

For always taking care of me.

For being a teacher.

For being SO PRETTY.

For not just being a sister, but being a friend.

For understanding me even when nobody else does.

For sharing my love of cake icing and silliness.

For being the wheat bread to my white bread, the night to my day. 
We are very different yet very much the same.

For always being a shoulder to lean on.
 
 Even though I won't be with you in person today, I'll be with you in spirit. Happy Birthday to the best sister anyone could ever ask for!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me cry this morning!!! And thank you for this really lovely tribute!! I love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, how sweet! Happy Birthday Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sweet!! Thanks for making me cry too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet!! Happy birthday to Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok..made me tear up too...won't admit to crying. God blessed me with two little girls who from the beginning loved each other. Hope you continue this special relationship( even from a distance) forever! I'm so lucky to be your mother. Happy Birthday Amanda..and Sarah I enjoyed the pictures and the ODE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're very lucky you have a sister, have always wished I had one. Instead I have a bum of a brother who never visits his niece and nephew...oops, I digress...
    I saw that you also have a Disney blog, and my family and I will be going to Disneyworld for the first time at the end of August. If you have any helpful tips, I would greatly appreciate them. Please feel free to email anything you think would be helpful at fancythatpartyplanning@gmail.com I would be forever grateful (mostly I'm wondering about the meals. We are not staying in the resort...) Thank you thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete