Monday, July 12, 2010

Why you should never let boys pick up food alone

The Goog's best friend, G, came to visit us this weekend. His visits always guarantee a weekend full of food, movies, and sports. Luckily, I like 2 out of the 3 of those things.  Early Saturday afternoon, the guys decide it is time for some lunch, and since I was not completely dressed yet (Saturdays are lazy days in the Mac house), I suggested that they go to McAlister's deli to pick up some lunch so that I didn't have to go out just yet.  It was a risky move sending the guys out in search of food on their own, considering last time the Goog  (and my B-i-L) went out on their own, they came back with matching 2-in-1 shirts.

Half an hour later, I hear banging on the front door and open it to find both guys standing there with the 3 HUGE bags of food. 2 of the bags were from McAlister's, as planned, but then the other bag was from my favorite bakery of all time, Servatti's. That bag included:

Zebra striped doughnuts...

Butter cookies...

and the most delicious, chocolately, dreamy pie on the planet...
Triple Chocolate Flan.

I definitely appreciate them bringing me Servatti's, but if I let them go out to pick up food too often, I'm going to end up weighing 400 pounds.  I just can't resist sweets, especially when they are as wonderful as the triple chocolate flan!!


That wasn't all that they did while out picking up lunch.  While we were eating, they tell me they came up with this BRILLIANT plan on the way home. See, apparently, they want to start a Curling team because there are very few teams that even try out for the USA Curling team, so this would be their best shot at going to the Olympics.  But since curling is such a boring sport, they want to be the Happy Gilmore(s) of Curling.

They already have their team picked out too. The Goog will provide the physics background, G and another of their friends are very coordinated, and they also have a 6'8" basketball-player friend that is (obviously) very athletic. Plus, the Goog and G both are masters of the broom (they both had a job as a janitor). So watch for us in the 2018 Winter Olympics. I will be the one on the sideline stuffing my face with chocolate flan.


4 comments:

  1. AMG...I want a Servatti's! I love great food, sweets included, but I generally can eat only very small amounts at a time due to hypoglycemia and low tolerance for very sweet stuff. My hubs, however, would eat sweets morning, noon and night and burn it off daily at his job...*grumble*

    Let me tell you, there was some very serious mental screen licking going on a second ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this happens at my house too! I ask hubby to pick up 1 - not 2, not 3, not 5 - donut and he comes home usually with 3 "because it was a better deal". Better deal, maybe. Better for my hips and thighs, not so much. ;)

    That stuff looks delicious, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those sweets look delicious! i want some now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kel is also not allowed to go get things himself. We went over to our neighbors yesterday but on Sat. we picked up some things to take to their house for lunch...he bought two GIGANTIC cans of baked beans and a huge container of potato salad and another of mac salad...which we dont' really eat a lot of! And neither did they!

    I bet Kelsey could get behind some curling if it meant a trip to the Olympics!
    Baby and I WANT some of those zebra stripped donuts!!!

    ReplyDelete