Sunday, March 28, 2010

Why you should never let boys go shopping alone

I had a very exciting Saturday, since my sister and brother-in-law came to visit me for the day. I don't get to see them very often, but they were in West Virginia for a funeral last week and swung by Cincinnati on their way back down to sunny Florida.

Sister and I always have a great time together, and luckily our husbands get along really well too. Sis and B-i-L got here around 1:30 and we went to lunch as soon as the got in.  After lunch, Sis and I went back to my house while our hubs went out on a quest to find Cincinnati Reds merchandise, since the only place that you can find Cincinnati Reds merchandise is in Cincinnati, not someplace like the internet.  An hour later, we hear the front door open and I go down to see how much trouble they were in how much money they had spent. I asked my Goog what the damage was and he said, "I spent more than B-i-L." Then he confessed that he spent $$$ on one shirt, but "it is a 2-in-1 shirt, so it's like paying for 2 separate shirts."

That's right, a 2-in-1 shirt. How does that even work, you might ask? Well luckily we have 2 male models as husbands, so they demonstrated the awesomeness that is the 2-in-1 shirt:

Is that a male model or my brother-in-law?

B-i-L demonstrated what the shirt would look like as a long sleeved shirt, then the Goog showed us how the sleeves zip off to create a short sleeved shirt:

 
Hope he doesn't lose these sleeves, or he'll be down to a just a regular shirt.


S
Are these two different shirt? Did they pay for a long sleeved shirt and a short sleeved shirt? Why, no! It is a two-in-one shirt.

I'm still not entirely convinced that the amount of money they spent on these shirts were necessarily a "good deal", even if they do act as 2 shirts. But then again, I'm the type of person that doesn't like to spend more than $15 on a shirt!

Also noteworthy from this visit was Sister got to meet my baby kitties for the first time. They love their Aunt Manny!!

 Look at how cute we are as sisters and how cute my fur babies are.

For more of our weekend, head over to It's Blogworthy!

8 comments:

  1. sounds like a fun day! :) But, 2-in-1 shirts? what a concept. Sounds like something only boys would like! I'm with you, I hate to spend more than $15 on a shirt...or $20 on a pair of jeans. Hubby is even worse than me - he claims he needs to be able to wear anything he buys long enough to get the cost of it down to $1/year. *sigh*....boys ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I would pay a little more to get a 2-in-1 shirt. I'm kinda digging the zip off sleeves!

    Sounds like it was a fun weekend, seeing family is always a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at how Sassy Kimmy Cub is!!!! She's like, "yes, I'm cuddling WHAT OF IT"

    I think I have to also mention how Davey said it...like a kid who knew he was in trouble..instead of just saying, "I bought a shirt" he said "I didn't spend as much as BIL!" it was priceless!!! And then on the car back down, Kelsey had on that shirt and was all, "Whew I'm hot I need to get these sleeves off" but it was too hard to do that while driving, so it defeats the purpose! Boys! sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! It's like the cargo pants that you zip off the bottoms and they become cargo shorts. Or am I out of line by even comparing the "awesome'ness" of these shirts to a pair of Old Navy pant/shorts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA. Wow, that is an amazing 2 in one shirt. He could also make a third shirt by just wearing the sleeves out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such nice kitties you have! Also, tell Davey "HI!" for me... we were brothers in APO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is hilarious! I wish I had a sister to do fun things with! The guys are great though! My hubs and my brother get along like that too. They are like 2 little kids when they get together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just too funny!!! It really made my day :-)

    ReplyDelete