Wednesday, March 24, 2010

WDW Wednesday: Donald Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier

Welcome to my first installment of Walt Disney World Wednesday!


As a kid, I used to HATE meeting the characters at Disney World. They just freaked me out, but now as an adult, I love meeting the characters! It always makes for a great photo op and it can be really fun when the characters interact with you. I prefer to meet the fur characters that can't actually talk to you.  It's always a gamble on whether or not you'll get a good character interaction. Sometimes you'll meet Mickey and he'll just shake your hand, take a picture and scoot you out the door, but other times he'll give you a big hug, vainly admire your Mickey ears, and make kissy noises at you. Whenever you meet the Princesses, they always try to make small talk, like Cinderella will be all "Oh, is this your Prince Charming?" (what gave it away- my wedding ears?) and Mulan is all "Did the Matchmaker set this guy up with you? I hope the Matchmaker finds somebody for me" (desperate).

One of my very favorite encounters with a Disney character was on my honeymoon in June 2009.  It was our very last day in the park and exactly one week of wedded bliss.  We were spending a good part of our last day meeting characters and trying to finish up the autograph book I'd been working on since 1993.  While in Frontierland, we saw Donald dressed up as Davy Crockett and I just HAD to meet him. I heart it when the normal characters are dressed up in different costumes!! So, once we got to the front of the line, Donald saw my wedding ears, instructed the Goog to look the other way, got down on one knee and:

      

 Yep, that's right, he proposed to me. I know what you are thinking: 1.) Why are you so happy, aren't you already married? and 2.) What about Daisy Duck? Maybe it was a little inappropriate, but it gave me giggles.  Of course, it wasn't until after the photographer was finished taking pictures that he kindly reminded Donald of these two facts and Donald was all "Oh Phewy!"

Sooooo, Donald finally let the Goog come back over and "renewed" our vows, a week after our actual wedding, making our union OFFICIAL. You know a marriage will last when you've been married by a duck with a coonskin cap and no pants!!

7 comments:

  1. I got some Brer Bear love in Disneyland last summer. I tried to post a photo here, but it didn't let me. tear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! Love the pics! The one and only time I've ever been to Disney was when I was 7 years old. I had my picture taken with Chip and Dale and I was super excited! Can't wait to go back some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I love that Donald had to be REMINDED of his girlfriend. He ain't a player, he just crushes. A LOT.

    Last time we went down there and did our picture taking fest, Jasmine was SO over it. Like she saw us grown ups and was like *heavy sigh* Well, I guess...COME ON....She barely even smiled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Donald is such a playa! These pics are adorable. One day I'm going to have to have my vows renewed by a pantsless duck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donald...he likes to frolic. LOL. I have been to Disney many times but apparently lack your saucy appeal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm seriously laughing so hard right now! Those are absolutely the cutest honeymoon photos in history. I hope you have these framed somewhere in your house!

    Lamb’s Most Recent Post: The Chalkboard Door is for Holiday Decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute! We went to Orlando for our honeymoon too but we never actually went to Disney. I know, we suck. We went to Universal Studios and the islands of adventure. If I would've known about the wedding ears we would've went to Disney too! Too cute pics!

    ReplyDelete