Monday, March 15, 2010

Theme park brochures make my life complete.

It is a well-known fact how much I love Disney World.

My parents would take my sister and I just about every other year down to the World, and when I was old enough, my boyfriend (now husband) would come along as well. We even spent our Honeymoon there last June.

But there is one thing I love even more than going to the parks themselves, and that is collecting every single brochure I can get my hands on within the Disney property. I'm talking about all those guide maps and times guides that most people just throw away. Not me... I collect every one and put them in photo albums, arranged by park and date. For somebody with terrible vision, I have the ability to pick out a brochure I don't have from half way across a hotel lobby, and run at lightening speed, even after a full day of walking around in the hot sun, just to get the brochure. Because, obviously, the cast members don't have another 100 boxes of the same brochure in the back.

I met the guy that does a lot of the drawings for these brochures on a Disney Cruise once, and he referred to them as throw-away art. I almost fainted, because this is how I feel when I find a new brochure:



Actually, I'm probably even more excited than Minnie and that little girl.

So, imagine my delight when I came home from work today and saw a stack of these beauties laying on the desk! Sure, I had picked all these up myself just 3 months ago, but January + February = Black Hole, so i didn't actually remember having them. When my hub got home, we had the following conversation:

Me: WHERE DID YOU GET THESE BROCHURES? (Keep in mind, they were dated December 1-15, 2009) which happened to be our last trip down there.)

Goog: I found them in my laptop case from December.

Me: I AM SOOOOO EXCITED, I almost wet myself!

Goog: (deadpan) I know, I figured.

Maybe he should have held onto them for awhile. They would have made the Best. Anniversary. Present. EVER.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same habit, of course, we're some the same gene pool and all. I keep them in my "disney park purse" and then I'll have like 14 of them and it takes everything I have not to put them (even all folded up and wrinkled) to you. I can just hear you saying that!

    It would have been awesome if he gave them to you and also something really nice for your anniversary and you didn't even care about the nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice when the men in our lives pay attention to the little details, and the simple things that make us so happy. :)

    I love the outfit the little girl is wearing - flower shirt and polka dot shorts. *sigh*....my mother could tell story upon story of how I dressed myself like that my whole childhood. ;)

    ReplyDelete