Thursday, March 18, 2010

March Madness is over now, RIGHT??

To recap my guest bloggy-ness over at It's Blogworthy, March Madness is all about picking the best mascots to win. So, let's see where I stand at the end of today...or at least right before I go to bed:


LOOK AT MY GENIUS! I'm one smart cookie at 11 for 12, and to think the Goog referred to a lot of my picks as "goofy." Also impressive is the fact that my dad is currently ranked #3 even though he also never watches college basketball. I say we just go ahead and end this tournament. I mean, one day of basketball is enough. I think this is probably pretty representative of the rest of the whole march madness.

As a completely random side note, during my annual mascot analysis, I ran across this really great cake topper:


It's the Maryland terrapin marrying the Rice owl. If there is one bird-related mascot I actually like, it is the Rice owl. So this is like a match made is awesome mascot heaven.


3 comments:

  1. OK, that cake topper is the best thing ever. I sort of want to become a Terrapin fan and see if Kelsey will become a Rice fan and then see if he wants to get married again. It would be SO worth it.

    I agree, I think this is enough for this year. Who would have thought you'd actually be almost perfect in picks the first day! These men need to listen to us more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO I want that cake topper! I want it to sit on my desk as the most random "upper" ever! Great job on the picks, I wish you lots of winnings so you can afford to purchase that cake topper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! I also am rooting for Old Dominion Sassy Paw to win it all. I was trying to explain to hubby why I picked them (and how it is important to pick based on mascots and places I'd like to visit or have been to, instead of actual teams). I think he is either looking into getting help for me or planning to use me to win him lots of money in Vegas. Hopefully the latter. ;)

    ReplyDelete