Wednesday, March 31, 2010

WDW Wednesday: The Obligatory Fountain Shot

Welcome to my second edition of Walt Disney World Wednesday!!  I'm going waaaay back to 1987 with this edition to share a little tradition that my family has been doing since my first trip to Disney World: The Cinderella's Fountain picture. I was 4 for our first visit; Sis was 6.  Mom’s plan was to take our pictures in front of the fountain every time we visited Disney World so we could measure how much we had grown between visits.

This worked out great for the first 6 trips or so. That is, until I reached my full height at a whopping 5 feet 1 inch.  At that point, it became more of a tradition and now it is the only way I can keep track of how many times I’ve visited Disney World. I do not consider a trip to Disney “official” until we’ve taken the Cinderella Fountain photo.

For your viewing pleasure here’s a slide show of my 19 trips to Disney World (!!um, yeaaaah, that's 19 trips from the ages of 4 to 27!!! Am I a WDW addict? Do I need to go to WDW rehab?)  Watch me transform from my cute, little 4-year-old self through the awkward teen years to a grown, married woman.  My apologies to Sis for revealing her awkward teen years as well. We were rockin' the neon and fanny packs back in the early 90s! Also notice how I'm wearing the same shirt in our 2 trips in 1996...I loved me some Winnie the Pooh back then.



I have a feeling that my next trip to Disney World, my 20th, will be extra special!!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I had this idea back in 1987...what a great tradition. You and Sis are beautiful in every picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea we had back in 1987 which turned into a great tradition!! You and sis look beautiful in every shot. Who doesn't look great in front of that fountain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe someday we'll continue the traditions with some little mini-us's. :) I can just see us holding babies in front of that fountain!

    I'd like to comment on a few things:

    - Sorry for your burning retinas upon viewing my photos from 1993. That was not a good year for me.
    - Look how good we look in December 2002. I wish I could look that cute and skinny again.
    - We sure did <3 some fanny pack action, huh?
    - I'm gonna go back to 1993 and comment on the bangs, as in WHAT WAS I THINKING?

    I love this slideshow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT! We have our D-Land tradition (being from California and having gone every year since I was born, well maybe 3) of taking our picture with the Indian outside of the Trading Post in Frontier Land. I'm a pin collecting geek too! On my 2nd lanyard now, close to a 3rd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the slideshow! It's fun to have traditions. Our tradition growing up was taking a picture at the "Scenic Overlook" of the Missouri River in Chamberlain, SD. Which was located at a rest stop. Niiiice. ;)

    okay, actually kind of a pretty overlook. but no Disney fountain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. love the July '97 sassy look Amanda is sporting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jackie, please, I am so tragic it isn't even funny ;)

    ReplyDelete