Friday, March 19, 2010

A look into SisterWister-ville: E-mail edition


My company has recently implemented a new document retention policy that goes into effect at the beginning of April. The good news in this is that all the mail sitting in my Inbox from over 2 years ago that I haven’t had time to clean out will magically disappear into cyberspace. The downside is I’m now forced to clean out my “Personal” email folder from the past 4 years, including emails including such philosophical discussions as “Who will be cuter growing up, Suri Cruise or Shiloh Jolie-Pitt,” “How do you feel about baby animals?” and “What should my wedding colors be?”

See, back when Sister and I weren’t constantly busy at our respective workplaces, we used to e-mail each other daily with complete randomness. We would discuss celebrity gossip, tv shows, animals, and all the other pointless things that now make it into our blogs. These emails stopped after Sis moved to Florida to be a very important Web editor and I became a super important analyst. Thankfully we have tons of social networking sites to keep the sister-wister frequency going strong.

Example of how a typical email would start out. Also notice how the picture I have for Sis is a cat that says "Excuse me, do you has a flavor?" The picture I have for the Goog is a baby beluga whale.

As I was scanning through these emails, which I kept in a “Sister” folder, I had to laugh at all the subject lines. Here are a few of my favorite ones:

  • …it’s what’s for dinner!
  • ???
  • HSM:2 (that stands for High School Musical 2, for those not in the know)
  • 2 more thoughts
  • 90’s on 9
  • Am I a bad wis?
  • You are a good wis!
  • Amanda Grammar
  • MSNBC.com Article 7/26/06: Lance Bass revels that he’s gay
  • An excerpt from Lance’s blog
  • Avian Flu (remember that, waaay back in 2006?)
  • Baby kittens (this one was about Sis's cats, Pepper and Cheeto back on May 10, 2006)
  • Before Mom tells you…
  • Before Mom tells you…the sequel
  • Britney
  • Britney is back out of rehab
  • Britney vs. KFed Debate
  • Cat poo
  • Celebrity Haiku
  • Hanson (No, this one wasn’t from 1998, it was actually from 2008)
  • Happy…

…August 2nd

…1 month til my birthday!

…1st Wedding Monthiversary

…last day! (when Sis left the ol’ Herald-Dispatch newspaper in our hometown)

…Pi Day

  • Holding grudges
  • Lil stupid and fatty
  • She’s pepper-licious!
  • Tom Cruise
  • Too good not to gossip about
  • Two days til Sister Wister Day
  • URGENT CELEBRITY NEWS (also marked urgent) (this one was about Anna Nicole Smith dying)
  • Why I don’t watch Fox News
  • You’ve got to be kidding me
Thankfully now we can share our brilliant discussions through blogs and Facebook instead of just between the two of us. You are welcome, World.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love this so much. I had forgotten so much of this! My favorite is lil stupid and fatty bc those were the cats that used to live on 33rd st that nobody took care of. We are so brilliant. Thank God for our blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH yeah at my old work I had infinity emails like those listed above. Now I mostly use google chat or facebook. I hope they didn't read all my emails after I left my last job.

    ReplyDelete