Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Tale of the Ghost Easter Cats

Let's just get one thing straight. We aren't one of those crazy pet families that have the Easter Bunny hop by for our pets. That would be completely ridiculous and weird. Nope, instead, our cats are visited by the ghosts of our dead cats.

I had 2 18-year old cats that past away over the last year and a half.  I always say that Willie and Kimmie think that their Aunts Katy and Smokey were super rich and left them all these toys. So now, apparently, they are also sending them new toys from the great beyond. At least we don't have some creepy bunny sneaking into our house in the middle of the night.



Willie's toy was  a "Las Vegas Showgull." It LOOKS like a seagull, except if a seagull was to quit life on the sea and instead become a Las Vegas Showgirl and dress up in lots of feathers. Oh, and of course it is filled with cat nip. Kimmie's toy, which Willie took a big interest in as soon as he saw she had a toy too, was a fish with a really feathery tail and a bungee cord- also filled with catnip. By the way, the bungee cord snapped in about an hour because Willie was playing so hard with it. The Goog claims the cats will be pooping feathers for weeks. Lets hope not!

 

Kimmie played with her feathery fish all of about 2 seconds before she gave up on it and Willie snatch it from her. She then took an interest in the ribbon tied to their baskets. She looks totally crazy in these pictures. Maybe it was the catnip talking.

 

While the cats enjoyed their new toys, I cooked a delicious Easter dinner for the second year in a row. We had ham, mac 'n' cheese, and my famous "this-is-why-I-married-you" mashed potatoes. The guests to my dinner included the Goog, my parents, and Seasonal Mickey Mouse, and his basket full of bunny & flowers.

Mickey says: "Oh golly, I think I'll eat all these mashed potatoes out of this duck bowl."

For dessert, I made a baseball cake, in an attempt to make up for the fact that I will be attending Reds Opening Day while the Goog will be at work. The Goog just happens to be the worlds biggest Reds fan and he has never been to an Opening Day and I won a ticket to sit in a suite for Opening Day. Ooopsie!!


Hope everyone had a great Easter!!

5 comments:

  1. Woopsie!!!

    I love that cake and want to stick my face in it.

    I love that your two dead cats are bring gifts to your two alive cats. But that's so like them -- very kind to others. Actually, in real life they didn't take well to other animals, so this must be a trait they learned in heaven.

    Kimmie's crazy eyes are the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very twisted that the ghost kitties bestow gifts to the alive kitties, but I love it and it looks like Kimmie and Willie love it too! How did you think of such a thing? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the easter baskets. makes wish i had done that for my baby Blu'. love you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that your kids had a great time. I am disappointed that they didn't wear their Easter Sunday attire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ghost Easter cats totally trumps Easter bunny! I love Kimmie's eyes....hahaha...she does look kinda crazy. Or like a pirate. argh! ;)

    ReplyDelete