Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Watch out! Baby fever is gonna getcha!

Baby fever has seemed to infect almost every women I know recently.  It started out mostly around my office about a year ago.. We've had 4 women pregnant in our office, and that is a significant number of women considering we only have about 30 women in the office.  Then, the baby fever struck closer to home when my sister-in-law, Amy, announced in early March that she too would be having a baby this upcoming November.

When Sis came to visit in late March, we were discussing how exciting it was for Amy and her baby, and Sis is all "We decided...that babies are not obnoxious and that I want to eat their fat little baby cheeks, sooo...we are having a baby too!"

!?!?!?!

WOAH! WHAT? Who we talkin' about? I'm going to be an aunt...times 2!! All within a 2 week timespan! My parents are retired and this is their first grandbaby AND it is my only sister's first child, so I guarantee Sis's baby will be spoiled rotten!


I've already forbid Sis from buying anything from DisneyShopping.com because Auntie Sarah is going to hook that baby up with some high quality Disney merch! I will be buying ALL the Minnie Mouse/Princess/Fairy stuff I can find for my little niece or ALL the Mickey Mouse/Pirate stuff for my little nephew.  Uncle Goog will take care of all the baby Cincinnati Reds merchandise, as long as he doesn't eat that little baby up first! Sis made the mistake of calling it a Turkey Baby, since it is due right around Thanksgiving, now Goog keeps asking "How is that baby turkey?" and "How is she doing cooking that baby turkey in her oven." Good thing she didn't call it a mashed potato baby, or it would be dooooomed!

 Look how nice my little niece/nephew is! Left me a little love note on my message board.

Also in the works is my mixed CD of songs for that baby, which I'm calling "Aunt Sarah's Dance Mix...for Babies!" It will include all kinds of diaper-shaking songs, such as"Shake Your Groove Thing," "Hey Ya!" "ABC," the Carnival cruise line commercial song, "Let's Groove" and some classic late-90s pop.  Under no circumstances will the mixed CD include "Boom Boom Pow" even though a baby could probably really dance to that one!

What songs would you like to make a baby dance to? Leave your comments below!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on becoming an aunt(x2)! I bet all that baby Disney stuff is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I love the captions on the picture. Turkey baby is SO excited for his/her disney stuff AND the mixed tape. I hear "here we go" on the radio all the time, C+C music facory. I love the part where it goes, "y'all want this party started...QUICKLY" and I think a baby would like to dance to that. Also, the other day at Disney Kelsey wanted to buy some Disney stuff and I yelled at him and told him NOOOOOOOO you may not!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a good auntie if you aren't going to subject your little niece/nephew to Boom Boom Pow. You have to get them started on good music early on. I will probably play my baby lots of Madonna songs. But only old Madonna...not that crap new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being an aunt is the best. thing. ever! For real, you are going to love it!

    OMG turkey baby is amazing. Turkey Baby! GAH! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you too! It definitely seems wedding fever is transitioning into baby fever. Disney has THE cutest stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're going to love being an auntie! it's the best! :)

    I think you need "Jump" (Van Halen), "Mickey" (Toni Basil), "We got the beat" (Go-Go's). Man, I am really dating myself! They would be great diaper-shaking songs though!

    agree with Salt - you need old school Madonna songs too!

    ReplyDelete