Wednesday, April 28, 2010

WDW Wednesday: Here's To 37 Magical Years!

Today is my parent's 37th wedding anniversary and I wanted to take this opportunity to thank them for everything they have ever done for me. They are so loving, supporting and beyond generous to not only my sister and myself, but also to both of our husbands. I'm so lucky to have such wonderful parents and I'm so thankful for them. 

 It was 37 years ago that my parents started started our family's life-long obsession with Disney World when they visited the Magic Kingdom on their honeymoon. Dad had been to Disneyland in California (I think) once before, but their honeymoon was their first visit to Walt Disney World in Florida.  They loved it so much and, once they had kids, decided to start what is now a 23-year long tradition of going to Disney World.



 1973/old school Mickey Mouse.

This above picture, along with one brochure and a half-used ticket book, was all I could ever find from Mom and Dad's first trip to Disney World. I think Mom is holding back on me!!!  

Naturally, when it came time for me to choose a honeymoon destination, I only had one choice and that was Disney World!!!
 
  
 The Goog and my wedding ears from June 2009.
 
Happy 37th Anniversary, Mom and Dad!! Here's to many, many more magical years!

5 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah, Thanks so much for the anniversary tribute to us for 37 years together. The best job we have ever had was being parents to two lovely daughters who have given us more joy than we could have ever expected in life. And it has continues with the addition of our sons in law who not only have added height to the gene pool but are as nice as sons we would have reared ourselves. So many thanks to you for being you,kind, generous and thoughtful in every thing you do. We love you, mOm and dAd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disney is the happiest place in the world isn't it? As soon as I walk through the gates I turn into a little kid. Oh no I just read your mom and dads comment above mine and I got all teary, that is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww so sweet. Happy anniversary to your parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great tribute! I agree, they are the very best parents that I could ever ask for...so generous and kind and gracious. And a true example of what love should be! And made us Disney addicts of the worst kind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to them!! 37 years is awesome! What a cool tradition to start to with the Disney too!

    ReplyDelete