Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Feelin' Hot Hot Hot in Nassau

On our 3rd day of the cruise we will be going to Nassau.  I've never been to Nassau before, so I have no idea what to expect with this port. Our plan is to walk around the city and do some shopping.  Maybe I will get one braid in my hair and learn to play the steel drum? Who knows. So since I can't provide you with pictures from my last trip to Nassau, here's some pictures from my favorite port-of-call: Grand Cayman. The Cayman Islands is a British Overseas Territory. George Town, the capital of the Cayman Islands, feels like if you took a city in England and a Caribbean city and smooshed them together.


My favorite part of Grand Cayman is the Turtle Farm, where you can feed and hold baby sea turtles. When you take the turtles out of the water, they start flapping their flippers and all you have to do to calm them down is rub their necks. They relax immediately after that.


As you can see from the picture, I pretty much became Queen of the Sea Turtles on my last visit to the Turtle Farm.They would come flocking to me whenever I was near. It had nothing to do with the fact that they thought I had food. Nothing.


I never thought I'd spend my birthday, which is at the end of December, on a beach. So when we went on a birthday cruise, I had to go to Seven Mile Beach! Fun fact: Seven Mile Beach is actually 5.5 miles long.

See ya real soon! (As in...for tomorrow's scheduled post!)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pics! Still trying to convince Sir Geek, the country boy, to go on a cruise with me...something i have always wanted to do! Have a great time in Nassau!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Grand Cayman! I went there a couple years ago on vacation and it is beautiful! I wish I'd seen the Sea Turtle Farm!

    ReplyDelete