Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sand Castles in the Sand

This is a scheduled post because I am on the beach building sandcastles in the sand. 

 Every time I go to the beach now, I always have the Robin Sparkles smash hit "Sandcastles in the Sand" running through my head the whole day. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then shame on you, but also, here is the video. It is pure awesomeness from How I Met Your Mother.



On our final day of the cruise, we'll be spending another day at Castaway Cay. This is one of the very first 2-stops-at-Castaway Cay cruises Disney has ever offered, so our cruise is pretty much history in the making. 

Here's a fun fact. Did you know even water in the Caribbean gets cold in the winter? When the Goog and I went on a cruise at the end of December 2008, the water was a little too cold to swim in, so instead we sat under umbrellas and played in the sand. You tend to get brainwashed after spending 7 nights surrounded by Disney things, so I was making "hidden" Mickeys in the sand:


I'm not the only one that likes to play in the sand.  There was this hermit crab that made the most awesome tracks in the sand:

It was too cold to swim, but we still got to take this cool picture of us in the crystal clear water (ignoring the piece of seaweed on the Goog's shoulder).

Tomorrow morning, we'll be kicked off the boat bright and early.  With that, we will return to the real world where we must pay for food and don't have to clean our hands with baby wipes before every meal. Stay tuned for sights, sounds, stories, and maybe a little jazz hands from our trip (I have another 13 hour car ride ahead of me!!)

2 comments:

  1. Super exciting! You had my three favorite things in this post. 1. Disney knowledge-I'm sure the average Joe has no idea what a hidden Mickey is. 2. The beach-I would make love to the beach if it were social acceptable 3. HIMYM- I was just thinking about the Mall song the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the HIMYM reference! Hope you're having fuuuuun!

    ReplyDelete