Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm Bananas...B - A - N - A - N - A - S...for my nephew

I've known since the day Sister told me about her "plus one" that it was a little boy. Obvs, it is my auntie intuition.  The Goog and I had the following conversation on the way to lunch no more than an hour after Sister told us about her plus-one, Squirt:

Me: What do you think Sister will have? A boy or a girl?
Goog: A girl. Your family only has girls.
Me: I think it is a boy. Because I don't know what to do with little boys.

The weekend after we found out about my future nephew/niece, my mom and I went shopping for some gender neutral clothing.  The very first thing I found when shopping was this cute little monkey blanket that said "I'm bananas." It was the PERFECT first present because 1.) monkey stuff can be for boys or girls and 2.) I have bought Sister some kind of monkey (weather it be a stuffed monkey or a monkey on a coffee mug) every Christmas and birthday for probably over 10 years.  Sure, it was blue but GIRLS can wear blue too. I wear blue just about every day. If the plus one ended up a girl, I was going to move the monkey's little orange bowtie above it's ear.



I also got this little monkey bath towel. Because do you know what would make a baby even cuter? If it has a monkey...on it's head.


Sister and B-i-L officially found out last Thursday what Squirt will be, and Sister texted me as soon as she found out: "Squirt is a boy!!! He'd like some buzzz and mickey stuff please!!" Well you don't have to tell me twice to go to DisneyShopping.com, so I headed over there with absolutely no clue what little boys actually like.  Luckily for me, Disney Shopping has a whole section called "boys toys" for all us aunts that don't really know. 

 The boy toy section includes Mickey Mouse, Toy Story, Cars, and Handy Manny.  Which of these toys will Squirt get? Probably all of them by the time it is all said and done. This is going to be one spoiled little boy!

This past weekend, my mom and I went shopping yet again, except this time we were looking specifically for little boy (and little monkey) things. Although I want to keep most of the things I bought a surprise, I can't help but share the most precious little pair of monkey booties!! They are for babies sized 0 to 12 months, so I guess Squirt can wear them for awhile.  They even have little rubber grippers on the bottom so that when he learns how to walk, he won't slip on those hardwood floor!

4 comments:

  1. Girls can totally wear blue! If I ever have a girl - heck, if I ever have kids anyway! - that little girl better like blue, because she'll be wearing that and green and brown more than pink! My theory is that when they are 12 months old or younger, even if you have them in pink, people still ask you if they are a boy or a girl, so I might as well put them in what I like! ;)

    That monkey stuff is so cute! and little boys are so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh omg I want those for myself!! I think we'll figue it out really fast...of course like mom said when they r tiny all u need to do is make them smile! I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moooooonkiiiiies!! How cute! Lol, I refused to put my daughter in pink (she was my first and I think I was trying to make a statement...) But she looked AWFUL in all the gender neutral colors! She looked ill in green or yellow, and everything that wasn't pink was terrible. I finally relented and dressed her in pink...until she was about 8 months old and found a TON of adorable stuff in red and blue! My boys were boys drowned in blue and brown...3 in a row meant a lot of handmedowns, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhh! I want a baby so it can wear adorable monkey clothing!
    You are already the best auntie ever and he's not even here yet!

    ReplyDelete